Smithton Volunteer Fire Department
131 First Street
Non-emergency: (724) 872-5111
The Smithton Volunteer Fire Department was founded in 1913 and chartered in 1927. The department’s 30 active firefighters respond to in excess of 200 calls in an average year. Most of our calls are mutual aid with the surrounding Townships of South Huntingdon, East Huntingdon, Rostraver and Perry, giving us a response area of approximately 50 square miles and a population of about 10,000 and is rural farmland and woodland mixed with single resident housing and a small developing industrial area. Smithton Borough itself only encompasses 0.1 square miles with a population of 444. Click HERE to visit their website.